• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Night photo of my truck

EWhytsell

I thought I'd post a different type of photo. Photography and especially astrophotography has been a serious hobby for a long time and one night while I was fooling around with my truck I noticed the sky was very clear with a nearly full moon so I decided to try some long exposures. Wind was gusting pretty good so I got some motion blur, but overall it came out pretty cool.
M35A2 with M105 at night.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MV Night Photos

Can you give us some info on which camera you use and a little detail on setting/exposure times.

Really like to learn more about this.

That's a beautiful shot and I'm learning to capture MV's in pictures but at night they usually turn out like this.

Attachments

EWhytsell

Sure, I was using a Canon 5Dmk2 with a 50mm lens at F/2.2 10/sec shutter time at ISO 1600. For shooting under moon light a white balance setting of "Day Light" typically gives the most accurate color. I was on a pretty sturdy tripod as well.