• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nissan Armada Springs

FMFHMMWV

They used to be pretty fast but I think more people are doing it. I used to also pay 89 a pair shipped.
I think I paid about 120 shipped to San Diego. I'm super stoked. I also have an m1114 but I think that already sits higher than the m1123. Will have to do a side by side comparison for you guys. I'm swapping out busted lifters and marred pushrods in the m1114 and swapping the turbo. Should run slick after I'm done.

Glider

So I cut 1 round off the top of a 4x4 armada rear spring. Hope I did this right. It's going on the front of the m1123. Going to be compressing the armada spring to get it in. Left spring is armada and right is stock front m1123.
Make sure you losen the a arm bushings so it will drop down as far as possible. I put mine on m998. It was difficult to get in. It will ride better but nowhere near as good as with aftermarket shocks. I have cepek adjustible and they are on setting 3 in a 0-9 range. Rides very well.

FMFHMMWV

Make sure you losen the a arm bushings so it will drop down as far as possible. I put mine on m998. It was difficult to get in. It will ride better but nowhere near as good as with aftermarket shocks. I have cepek adjustible and they are on setting 3 in a 0-9 range. Rides very well.
I want a set for sure but won't afford it for another year or so after I finish this doctoral program. In the mean time it's stock shocks for me. I'm trying to fit 42's. Any thought on the tire size?

Glider

I want a set for sure but won't afford it for another year or so after I finish this doctoral program. In the mean time it's stock shocks for me. I'm trying to fit 42's. Any thought on the tire size?
That's big, high odds of breaking if you really go offroading. Should be pretty fast top end!

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I cut 1 round off the top of a 4x4 armada rear spring. Hope I did this right. It's going on the front of the m1123. Going to be compressing the armada spring to get it in. Left spring is armada and right is stock front m1123.
What brand/ type spring compressors are you using?

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@T9000 did you do the nissan armada lift with your spacers?
Hi, sorry about missing your question, I just now saw your post. I have not done anything to the springs, my springs and overall suspension is very smooth with the tires around 25psi and was just looking for more lift as I feel the truck looks on the lower side.

FMFHMMWV

Hi, sorry about missing your question, I just now saw your post. I have not done anything to the springs, my springs and overall suspension is very smooth with the tires around 25psi and was just looking for more lift as I feel the truck looks on the lower side.
I had cut one rig off of the passenger side, I'll have to cut another on the front driver side but maybe add spacers. Might do rear spacers after I get new wheels and tires. I kind of wish I didn't cut anything off but hind sight 20/20

rolling18

I know this will probably sound stupid.. but gotta ask since I keep seeing them in the listings when looking for armada springs..

Iam running across " Air/Coil Spring Rear W/Package Big Tow 08-15 ARMADA 56200 ZV50A 280092"
they look like an air shock w/ internal spring..
cound these possibly be used and work in this application? would be neat to have adjustable air ride! assuming all the related air parts were obtained..

OR... as a seprate aftermarket air bladder that goes INSIDE the armada spring...

FMFHMMWV

I used some spring compressors on the 4x4 armada spring to squeeze them onto the front with a spacer. I did cut off one ring and after doing so realized that it didnt lift like I wanted so I added the spacer. not I think I might have it to where I want it. If I could have done it all over again, I wouldn't have cut anything and just put the spring on without a spacer.

coolboatguy

I know this will probably sound stupid.. but gotta ask since I keep seeing them in the listings when looking for armada springs..

Iam running across " Air/Coil Spring Rear W/Package Big Tow 08-15 ARMADA 56200 ZV50A 280092"
they look like an air shock w/ internal spring..
cound these possibly be used and work in this application? would be neat to have adjustable air ride! assuming all the related air parts were obtained..

OR... as a seprate aftermarket air bladder that goes INSIDE the armada spring...

coolboatguy

It's not stupid. That is an airbag that acts like a helper spring. You relocate the shock to the outside, weld in plates and install the airbag so if you are carrying extra weight you will ride level. I am making a kit for this. That way you get the softer ride and the option for level ride with a heavy load.

rolling18

It's not stupid. That is an airbag that acts like a helper spring. You relocate the shock to the outside, weld in plates and install the airbag so if you are carrying extra weight you will ride level. I am making a kit for this. That way you get the softer ride and the option for level ride with a heavy load.
I will be watching for this kit and following progress!
thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks