• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NJ MTA show April 12-13

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whos going?
I'll be there... Will be the 1st "long trip" for the M35A2C and the M105A2 since I got her a year ago from GL...
It will be packed with stuff to sell (and priced NOT to bring home)

http://www.mtaswapmeet.us/

I am looking for a WWII MB trailer, in decent/restorable shape.. If you know of any for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I could be there, since I grew up bout 10 miles down the road, but with the VA rally the week before I'm going to be recovering from that trip, and starting the process of saving up for Aberdeen.

Hope you fellas have a great time - I've heard it's been a great show since it moved to the Farm and Horse Show grounds....

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been going to the NJMTA shows since the 1st one, they all have been good. The best thing is that the show coordinators realize that the show keeps getting bigger, and instead of trying to squeeze everyone into the same small location, they find bigger locations. I think the fair grounds will work out well for a long long time.. The NJMTA show is my favorite 2nd only to Aberdeen.. Gilbert is #3. (which, did they figure out the dates for Gilbert 2008 yet? Or will they announce it 2 months out... I dont get why they cant figure it out.......)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gilbert 2008 hasn't been figured out yet. Maybe if you call Red Ball and talk to Joanne Sebring, she might know, but I know that it's not in the MVM yet.

emr

Emmando. A BIG thanks from the MTA ! We have believed from day one that the Vendors are the most important part of the show, and the General public is what it takes to make them happy, from the very start we have put into play a BIG add campain, and the thousands of general public not just the Hobby guys are what makes our shows so awesome,From the first day we were also prepared to handle big croweds with multiple school bus's running to alternate lots incase of what we expected and "did happen" we were ready, NOW we have MORE parking than any national!!! Many vendors from the very first day of the very first show sold out and local vendors actually went home to get more stuff to sell for sunday!, we also have a BIG showing on sunday, probably the only show that can say that!because we want to spread the word of our hobby and what we do. We really believe EVERYBODY LOVES MILITARY TRUCKS!, And as I have said watching people scoop up everything vendors have, """""It is amazing they will buy anything green!""""...I run the vehicle display...From Thursday afternoon to Sunday anybody can bring there vehicles and there is 24 hour security from thursday on!!!ALL are welcome to the MTA show, and as many vendors know we are there to help, we actaully help vendors load and unload, we strongly believe we are the friendliest and most helpful show out there!!!www.mtaswapmeet.us for all U need to know,Let me know of people bringing tractor trailers or if U need to unload trucks,and U will have special treatment on where to park so it is easy from step one. anyone wanting display info PM me or e mail me mydeuceandwillys@aol.com we are there to help with ANY special needs!!!...We have more addvertising and signs thruought Northern NJ than ever before too!!!Let me know if the signs to get there are clear and easy to follow , since I will be putting them out,and keep my cell # 973 219 4499, i will answer if U need any help on the way in!!!"special treatment for the steel soldier family"... U should have an easy run, we have also felt our shows are well thought out on location rt 80 to rt 15 north thru Jefferson twp and Sparta twp into Andover twp. ALL Highway..thru one light and only one turn off at the second light to the fair grounds. THANKS....randy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Randy,

I'll need a spot to put my Deuce and trailer..

Also, will you guys have a forklift there to offload from my dropside deuce? That would make life MUCH easier for the off load..

I've been vending at the show since the first one, it's a GREAT show.
This year, make sure the snack"shop" opens earlier... Last year, it opened at like 7. Some guys get up early and need that jump start running thru their veins....
I cant wait for the show, and please tell the Northeaster to hold off until Monday... Last year, it was a day early, and killed Sunday...

The MTA show is going to be my "big push" to sell a ton of crap i dont need so I can travel light to Aberdeen... Bargains will abound at my booth, right in the 1st tent next to the Jeep Dealership tent.

You MTA guys put on a hell of a show, and if the coffee shop opening time is my biggest complaint, that speaks volumes about what perfectly fine with the show... :)

One suggestion. Have a "wanted to buy/sell" bulletin board where people like me can put up an index card with "Im looking for a MB trailer, please call XXX-XXXX if you have one to sell" Likewise, sellers who didnt bring a truck or something they want to sell to the rally can post a card with their info and a picture and a "call me if your looking to buy this"

Mark

emr

Thanks we do have a vendor map at the door of the indoor vendors, where one can look and find the person/vendor they are looking for,You may be able to post there?not sure but good idea. i have supplied a forklift in the past, and since U are asking will bring her up make sure U call me when U are getting close and we will be ready, What day are U coming in, the earlier the better!I would preffer not to be on the lift on sat. The snack stand is one of the busiest and hardest strain on the club, those guys go non stop all day, and I know in the past we had opened at 6 ,don't remember now why last year was later, , but think its opening earlier and will put the e mail out to the cook right now to find out the schedule,and will ask about the other wanted wish list idea, i think we may be doing something like that, but with vehicles, we will list ANY vehicles for sale even if they are NOT at the show!!!so i will post info i find out....E mail me with vehicles for sale but if U want pics U have to snail mail me, I will post em but am not computer friendly.mydeuceandwillys@aol.com,, snail...38 mahican ave landing NJ 07850..Oh One may see that ALL of us in the MTA are very very passionite about our show! :D Oh and it looks like there is going to be monetary prizes this year with some of the display vehicle awards!!!!!!Randy

scooter01922

Hmm, only 5 or so hours drive. If this lack of a job persists i may take a ride down. It would be fun to meet some of you guys. Now all i need is a SS shirt to make me stand out :)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Randy,

Im heading in on Friday, hope to be there by noon so I can offload and set up. I'll have 8 pallets to offload, all big triwalls of goodies. Should only take a few minutes of your time, and let me know what I owe you. I'll be in spaces O15/16 with a buddy of mine who is did all the paperwork.

Thanks!

FormerNewMVGuy

I am coming saturday,the 12th. Just coming to spend the day. I hope to meet the steel soldier members there. I'm not sure if i'm drivin the deuce or not,prolly just drive my dually
Well hope to see you there!
My cell# 908-391-2777

Cdub

I'm very much looking forward to my first MTA Show and Swap meet.......:beer:

I'll be there early Friday to help set up for the show and stay until Sunday.
I will defiantly be bringing the M925a1 five ton..... :driver:

Cheers,

Craig

emr

emmado22 said:
Randy,

Im heading in on Friday, hope to be there by noon so I can offload and set up. I'll have 8 pallets to offload, all big triwalls of goodies. Should only take a few minutes of your time, and let me know what I owe you. I'll be in spaces O15/16 with a buddy of mine who is did all the paperwork.

Thanks!
U will owe Me nothing I am Glad to help, very nice of U to offer though I do appreciate it., I don't handle the spaces so U will need to direct me, When u arrive drive straight down to the last building no turns and stop, that is where the display vehicles will enter my area, I will leave the yellow J.D. lift there if not in use so u can see it..., I will make sure I am there to handle all Your stuff Friday, I will be anyway, just call me when approaching if U want 973 219 4499, tell anybody U see U want me , I will tell em to expect u,too, , Sorry but the Kitchen is opening 7 am sat and 7am sun, it is just to much set up for them, They really do work themselfs to death all weekend,,,I will have a tent one of the new type things at the "display" enterance,display registration is in it, and it is of course free, and there will be some money going with some of the certificates, I am working on how much, I would rather give alot of smaller amounts to show how much we appreciate people bringing vehicles, Im thinking best in show and furthest traveled may be the most.as i asked the chairpeople today they also said"hey lets give a vendor prize too and/or a drawing with the ones who stay for sunday, some cheer was on there minds, i said im sure there are some vendors that partake in a cocktail now and again,. ALSO any steel soldiers that want to store stuff there at my display tent while they shop are welcome to do so, If anybody buys something that needs a lift Look for me or keep my cell # I answer every call I get im a freak like that,the display people also have hand trucks and stuff available. they/we can handle it.THERE WILL be a for sale/wanted board, we had a small one handled by somebody inside for vehicles last year but it may have not been this year no one said they were doing it,SO... I am bringing a 4 by 8 fter with stick pins, so it will be a wanted and a for sale disply board BIG, Your request has made it a bigger deal, and it will be there anually .and it will be at the front door of the inside vendors , so it will get maximum exposure, people should have multple phone #s and info on stuff so people may take pieces of ones thingys.U guys are the ones who know about it, so if U know anybody else have em give U a list to put on the board.AND if anybody wants to help with setting up the display vehicles they are welcome too. :shock: :D The count down is on, all our BIG signs are going out on deuces this sat...adds are going in some papers and public notices, and some radio station times also have been purchased , so it should be even bigger than ever before...there are also going to be 2 Bands playing thru the weekend, yeesh ...Randy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Randy,

Thats awesome... I do have one more request...

GREAT WEATHER FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No more Northeasters on Sunday!

I asked a buddy who remembers the problem at the food vendor last year on Saturday AM.. They plugged in the coffee pot, but it tripped a circut breaker, and no one noticed for a while.. So they did open on time, but it was a while for the coffee to be actually ready. Dunno what can be done about it, but if they know they can keep their eye on it..

Thanks!

emr

emmado22 said:
Randy,

Thats awesome... I do have one more request...

GREAT WEATHER FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No more Northeasters on Sunday!

I asked a buddy who remembers the problem at the food vendor last year on Saturday AM.. They plugged in the coffee pot, but it tripped a circut breaker, and no one noticed for a while.. So they did open on time, but it was a while for the coffee to be actually ready. Dunno what can be done about it, but if they know they can keep their eye on it..

Thanks!
Funny :D That was a BIG topic in a few show mtg's this year for them,and they seem to be aware of it and have it all worked out ...HOT water is JOB 1 !!!!actually i don't usually pay alot of attention to them but remember this because they were upset over the hot water... LOL :D ...Randy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Randy,

I just want to confirm that a forklift will be on site Friday noonish for offloading some triwalls off a M35A2C and M105 trailer....

I just loaded TONS of stuff up...

sprucemt

After 4 days, I have the 16' x 7' enclosed cargo trailer full to the top of NOS and new surplus. Worked today on packing the pre-paid orders. Still have room if anyone wants air filters, brake fluid and such.

Last year when the coffee wasn't ready, it didn't take me long to find the closest Duncan Donuts. This year I am bringing my own coffee pot. And a snow shovel, just in case.

emr

SNOW! Don't say it :D Twice in the past we snowplowed the fields in the Armory's on thursdays,,,ready to go on fridays, we are ready for sure, I am told the water will be being heated WAY ahead of time!!!..The Lift will be there early thursday, ....Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks