• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NJ newbie with Insurance questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOV Prepper

Sorry if this has been asked before but i am not too familiar with this board.
I purchased a 1970 M35A2 last week and sent the "United States Government Certificate of Obtain a Title to a Vehicle" to Trenton, NJ along with the required "Form 17", $50 processing fee and the 7% tax on the truck to "SPECIAL SERVICES TITLES" NJMVC, Trenton
QUESTIONS:
1. How long did it take NJMVC to send the title to the truck?
2. What insurance are you guys using? I have difficulty getting insurance. I've had Geico for my 2 cars and 2 motorcycles for 10 years but they refuse to touch my deuce.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

I have Progressive commercial truck insurance, told them it was for private use. They charged me $280 for six months. Liability only coverage.. I used to have State Farm, but they frown on vehicles over 20 years old in a over a ton size.

m816

I use Conlon Skelly but I am not sure they are taking new business. They are located in MapleShade NJ. It runs me less than three hindred bucks for three five tons and a civi roll back and a jeep. I checked JC taylor but they were more expensive. Try C/Skelly just to be sure for yourself. Maybe it was just the guy who I recomended. He may have wanted to insure it as a commercial vehicle. Mine are all Historic

BOV Prepper

I googled C/Skelly and found them but their quote wanted the vehicle garaged. My garage isn't tall enough to fit. This is the 3rd ins co that requires a garage. Do you guys really garage your deuces? Any tips as these ins co's require a picture.

Kenny714

I'm registered Historic and use Allstate.

Call this number after you get your title and ask the lady to send you the papers to register Historic.

1-888-486-3339

Mv insurance

Hello and how are you. I did ge the title for my 71 duece from GL, and yes that was painful. When I went to change the GL title (it was a Florida title) It took me another 6 weeks to get the NJ title.
I also bought a 72 M35a2c through GL. This time, the time getting the tiltle through GL was the same, but when I went to DMV to get the Jersey title they had out of state vehicle forms. Filled out the form and gave them the Florida title and I had a New Jersey title in 15 minutes.
I get my Insurance through State Farm. I told them I usually only drive it on weekends unless there is snow on the ground or in the forcast. Then I'll take it to work.
Most of the time it doesn't go very far on the weekend either. I guess in the last four years since I've had it on the road I've put 8k on the odomiter. Hope this helps you out, metalworker393

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks