• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NM to VA next week.

sgtrisk

Hey boys and girls!!

I'm finally heading out to re-recover my M35 from Las Cruces, NM. (Thanks SO much to FMJ for baby-sitting it for me!!!). I'll be heading down to El Paso, then east along I-20 through DFW and on up to Birmingham, then picking up I-59 and then I-81 for the remainder of the ride home.

What I would like is a list of folks along the way that I might call if I run into a major breakdown (mechanical, that is!). I'll have a computer with me, and will try to check in every evening.

I'll be stopping in Nacogdoches, TX for a couple of days to visit my folks.

Thanks in advance!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Brad,

If you have problems between Birmingham and Chattanooga on I-59 give me a call.
We have a spare room if you want to lay over here.
FreightTrain has Clinto's tow bar in case of major trouble.
You will prob be forced to eat some of Bama Ladys famous SS cookies :drool:.
PM me for contact info.

jimm1009

Your travels to & from NM

I'm in Scott, LA just outside of Lafayette on I-10 if you need help or a place to stay.

I have plenty of room and some tools and a shop too although it is overflowing with "stuff".

Have to plan a head a little as I am going on vacation and also a recovery of my own in San Antonio in a couple of weeks or so.
PM or e-mail is I will be in your evening hours as you are welcome to stay over here.

jimm1009 here on S.S. or e-mail me @ jimm1009@yahoo.com

:-D

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey boys and girls!!

I'm finally heading out to re-recover my M35 from Las Cruces, NM. (Thanks SO much to FMJ for baby-sitting it for me!!!). I'll be heading down to El Paso, then east along I-20 through DFW and on up to Birmingham, then picking up I-59 and then I-81 for the remainder of the ride home.

What I would like is a list of folks along the way that I might call if I run into a major breakdown (mechanical, that is!). I'll have a computer with me, and will try to check in every evening.

I'll be stopping in Nacogdoches, TX for a couple of days to visit my folks.

Thanks in advance!

Was that truck supposed to be running?. . . .

Uh....yeah....It'll be ready when you get here.....

Gotta go now.

:razz:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm gonna take her out tomorrow and see if I can make her leak anywhere, she'll be ready when you get here Brad.

Ed

sgtrisk

Yup, I'll be taking the camera along. I hope I don't need to take any "action" shots (changing tires, replacing blown turbos, etc.)!!

I'll running a temporary line from one of the batteries to power a 12vdc/120vac inverter to charge phone, camera and laptop.

Been looking forward to this recovery for months!! Now I'm getting psyched about the trip!

Alredneck

Banned
I will be runnin and gunnin on some of the same path so if you get in trouble give me a shout and we can throw it on the flatbed if all else fails! Good luck on your trip, Captain

sgtrisk

Well folks, I've finally had a moment of sanity.

I finally decided that the cost of bringing that truck 2/3 of the way across the country was NOT cost effective. My fuel costs would end up being about half the cost of another truck somewhere back here a lot closer.

So... anybody wanna buy a nice M35A2 w/winch out in NM? :)

It's been worked over thoroughly by FMJ and is in good condition.

PM me if you're interested!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks