• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no brake fluid

Tacitus

M35A2C, about 1984, White multi fuel engine 1984 model year. Truck has been sitting several years. Checked the bleeder screws on both rear axle wheels and both front wheels, no brake fluid at all. It's been sitting so long, I don't know where the leak is. My question is, does this truck use DOT 3 or 5? All assistance is greatly appreciated, also if anyone has suggestions of other work that needs to be done to the brake system due to sitting so long, don't hesitate to let me know. I am not a mechanic, my plan is to add proper fluid, bleed and look for the leak. Thank you in advance for all assistance.

HDN

M35A2C, about 1984, White multi fuel engine 1984 model year. Truck has been sitting several years. Checked the bleeder screws on both rear axle wheels and both front wheels, no brake fluid at all. It's been sitting so long, I don't know where the leak is. My question is, does this truck use DOT 3 or 5? All assistance is greatly appreciated, also if anyone has suggestions of other work that needs to be done to the brake system due to sitting so long, don't hesitate to let me know. I am not a mechanic, my plan is to add proper fluid, bleed and look for the leak. Thank you in advance for all assistance.
The trucks typically take DOT-5.

I think there might be a bleeder on the air pack too, but I say that having never done brake work on my truck. Someone else here might think of other bleeder locations.

rustystud

I like your name Tacitus. So you’re a Roman Historian !

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fill it up with dot 5 silicone, if its leaking it'll let you know .

When you fire it up I'd keep a fire extinguisher handy or a heavy book over a removed intake pipe in case it wants to run away from home .

I'm a big fan of ATF in the fuel especially after sitting forever to lube things up/spring clean, maybe even in a filter .

Just my .02 best O luck !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks