• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no brake light turn signals

66kaiserld1d

Just purchased a 66 kaiser m35a2 drove it about 700 miles no problems then i get it back home to it down pouring and then the turn signal indicator stopped and then i check all the lights have all running lights and dash lights... just purchased the service manual but have to wait for it to arrive any help would be great, have never touched a military vehicle only over the road trucks and cars and whatnot i am very much electrically inclined. i have not checked anything yet, any direction to go in? im guessing problem with the turn signal switch ? what is the power flow? from 3 lever to turn signal and brake switch? helllp thanks

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, at the top of these pages, you can click on RESOURCES to find online and FREE copies of most of the publications that you will ever need to work on your truck.

BTW: Ditto on checking for GOOD GROUNDING of ALL circuits.

Congrats on the new-to-you Deuce and WELCOME to the ADDICTION.... There is NO KNOWN CURE :!:

66kaiserld1d

i figured it out the turn signals was the ground on the firewall on the flasher unit itsself the large ground and the brake lights there was a crack in the plastic ball inside the switch which i was wondering why the air pressure would drop in like 4 hours... till the buzzer came on how annoying that device is , but i cleaned every ground on the truck and also cleaned out every connector and used some dieelectric greese on everything thanks guys for the tips :)