• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Brake lights, horn??

kcbbqguru

Took, my new 1985 m 1009 in for an inspection, failed no horn, break lights or left head lights, changed brake light switch, still no luck? Thanks for any suggestions, need to get it inspected next week!

grayw0lf

My brake lights came back to life when i pulled the fuse panel loose & cleaned the terminals w/ electrical grade solvent & Q-tips. Just something to check...

Armada

I assume your service/BO switches are positioned correctly since you had one headlight operational. Pull the horn pad up and clean the contacts, then check relay.
Check for corrosion and clean the light contacts. If that doesn't work, put in a shot of dielectric grease and put in new bulbs.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took, my new 1985 m 1009 in for an inspection, failed no horn, break lights or left head lights, changed brake light switch, still no luck? Thanks for any suggestions, need to get it inspected next week!
Welcome to SteelSoldiers and the OD Madness.

These trucks have been used and abused in harsh enviromnents. Every CUCV I have seen has needed the fuse box cleaned from the 25+ years of dirt and gunk. Corrosion and dirt are the scurge of the CUCV electrical system.

Disconnect the battery and spend a couple of hours removing the fuses and cleaning the fuse box and relays. Solves many problems.

Make sure you visit the CUCV Wiki and download all the Tech Manuals
Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Since you are a new CUCV owner, spend some time reading the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual.

And then the CUCV FAQ
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html
many questions are answered there.

Just curious. If these items where not working, why would you take it in for an inspection witout fixing them?

Righ click on the thumbnail and choose "Open Link in New Window"

Attachments

Last edited:

kcbbqguru

Welcome to SteelSoldiers and the OD Madness.

These trucks have been used and abused in harsh enviromnents. Every CUCV I have seen has needed the fuse box cleaned from the 25+ years of dirt and gunk. Corrosion and dirt are the scurge of the CUCV electrical system.

Disconnect the battery and spend a couple of hours removing the fuses and cleaning the fuse box and relays. Solves many problems.

Make sure you visit the CUCV Wiki and download all the Tech Manuals
Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Since you are a new CUCV owner, spend some time reading the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual.

And then the CUCV FAQ
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html
many questions are answered there.

Just curious. If these items where not working, why would you take it in for an inspection witout fixing them?

Righ click on the thumbnail and choose "Open Link in New Window"
Thanks, I'm going to clean out the fuse box this weekend, as for taking it in for an inspection, I just figured that I just drove it off the lot, and assumed the dealer would of made sure all systems work?? go figure?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks