• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brake lights

dabtl

The plugs on the brake light switch changed with the upgrade. On the older version it is one round plug. On the up grade it is the familiar two sockets, side by side.

IMA944T

Hey thanks for all the help. I didn't start this thread but you guys are really alot of help to those that are new to these. It makes these old things alot more enjoyable.

dabtl

Hey thanks for all the help. I didn't start this thread but you guys are really alot of help to those that are new to these. It makes these old things alot more enjoyable.
I was new to this a couple of years ago myself. Then, thankfully, I discovered cranetruck, the leading expert on electrical problems, and John Tennis, jatonka the spiin on filter king.

My trucks run better and are much easier to trouble shoot as a result. cranetruck has been especially helpful to all who are having electrical problems. His knowledge is unbelievable to anyone who has not been here a while. I am constantly amazed at his knowledge and willingness to help us all.

Welcome to the sight an pay attention to the experts. I am not one and should normally be ignored.

charlietango

ok all my lights work. however I really have to stomp on the pedal to get them to turn on. and how often do you jam the brakes on in traffic trying to time the lights.

I have the hydraulic style system; switch on the front of the booster with the two prongs. the switch is relatively new and the brand is STANDARD (red and white box). is this perhaps a low fluid problem? My shop used a heavy duty dot3. said it is the best they can get for that truck but not what is supposed to be used. could that also be a problem?