• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brakes M813

zxmedic

Hi gang the Noob here hope this is the right place to post this

So Picked up an M813 Friend and old owner stated that the brakes just failed pedal to the floor .. Working on the truck today I looked at all the lines found no leaks Nothing running from Drums master cylinder is Bone dry ... Airpack gone ?
??

Any help would be great
Cheers everyone

P

dburt

If the master cylinder is bone dry then there is a brake fluid leak somewhere. Fill it up, start bleeding the brakes and adding fluid till you find where the leak is. Remember, the 813 has air assist over the standard hyraulic braking system, so if the pedal goes all the way to the floor, there is not enough brake fluid left in the system to do any good. You have to find the leak and fix it!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Good question- we need wreckerman or some other helpful person to chime in on this!
DAMIFINO I'd fill it with fluid and have "Soldier B" pump the brakes while I bled the system. It could be leaking from a wheel cylinder, line or the master cylinder/air pack. Make sure you bleed it starting with the wheel cylinder farthest away from the master cylinder. If you see no leaks right away let it sit on a surface where you can see leaking fluid standing.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DAMIFINO I'd fill it with fluid and have "Soldier B" pump the brakes while I bled the system. It could be leaking from a wheel cylinder, line or the master cylinder/air pack. Make sure you bleed it starting with the wheel cylinder farthest away from the master cylinder. If you see no leaks right away let it sit on a surface where you can see leaking fluid standing.
You also need to bleed the air-pac.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get a helper or use a Motive Brake Bleeder or make your own bleeder.

If the pedal goes to the floor it's a safe bet there is no fluid. Fill it and bleed the fitting on the air pack first and then farthest wheel cylinder to the closest. If you get it bled and the pedal is hard and does not go down much chances are the air pack has a problem. You can try lubricating the air pack and exercising the snot out of it to see if it will free up. If not, replace or rebuild.

zxmedic

thanks again Guys I have three hard copy booksfor the truck ,,, going to download a few that porkysplace set a link to awesome

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The M/C gets BLED FIRST, then the air pack, then left rear, right rear, left center, right center, right front, left front,

Look for a wheel cyl., m/c or rubber hose (there are 5) leak, NO matter if a hose leak is found or not, REPLACE ALL 5 RUBBER HOSES unless you KNOW they have been replaced not to long ago, if they have NOT been replaced, there is a good chance they are ORIGNAL.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get a helper or use a Motive Brake Bleeder or make your own bleeder.

If the pedal goes to the floor it's a safe bet there is no fluid. Fill it and bleed the fitting on the air pack first and then farthest wheel cylinder to the closest. If you get it bled and the pedal is hard and does not go down much chances are the air pack has a problem. You can try lubricating the air pack and exercising the snot out of it to see if it will free up. If not, replace or rebuild.
This is a good thread on building your own brake bleeder ; Deuce Power Bleeder R4x4 Style

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks