• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brakes M813

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has a hoodscoop!

zxmedic

Yes it has a working knuckle boom. I bought this truck from mil spec industries . Huge thanks to him and son .

zxmedic

Thanks again guys for the help ..the trip showed me where the leaks are the seal on the short driveshaft is leaking and the inner axle

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful!
Brake fluid doesn't just evaporate. If you refilled and bled the system and did not find a leak or failed component, you have not identified the problem. I had the same issue with my wrecker. I filled the fluid, bled everything and had no issues and no leaks. Then suddenly, no fluid and NO BRAKES. I ended up replacing all wheel cylinders, M.C. and airpack. I found mulitple wheel cylinders with small leaks that did not produce any external signs of leaking

You need to be sure your truck will stop. For your safety and the safety of those around you.

zxmedic

Thanks bigmike. That's my plan and since the axle seal is leaking on the drivers inner axle it's a sooner then later job being a paramedic by trade crushing people is not high on my list of job discriptions . My whole intent was to get it home so I could work on it during the down time .. anyone know if the tranny has to be pulled to change the seal on the transfer case it's leaking front of the short drive shaft .

zxmedic

All new seals will be going in once the weather breaks I found a supplier for the rivets and a shop here that will turn the drums and set the new linings on for me . I had to deal with this problem first uploadfromtaptalk1393268045412.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks