• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brakes

brian s

New to this site and could use some help.
My m35a2 has been sitting around for a few years and has no brakes.
I needed a air pack so I just bought one and a new master cylinder.
Any tips on bleeding the system!!

Flyingvan911

Welcome from Kansas City, MO.

Ditto. Use the search box to find the thread on making a power brake bleeder. It was done with a weed sprayer. Also download the tech manuals. They have the proper order for bleeding the brake system.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A. Read the TMs
B. Get a Motive power bleeder or make your own
C. After you put all the new stuff on bleed the bleeder on the air pack first
D. Bleed the wheel cylinders starting with the one farthest from the air pack to the closest

Optional

Put a remote reservoir on it with quick disconnect fittings on top of the master cylinder to make it easy to check fluid every ride and easy to bleed in the future.

And..........I've moved your thread to the proper forum.

brian s

Thanks a lot for your input i'm going to make a power bleeder and start my new project.
after i get the brakes fixed it's to to bob it.

brian s

m35a2 brakes

just have a question about my brakes on my m35a2.
i just replaced my airpack and mc and have been trying to bleed the system with a power bleeder (i have been reading alot on this site and have learned a lot from you guys) my question is how much brake fluid dose it take to bleed one of these trucks down?
#2 and should you here a puff of air when you push down on the brake pedal with the truck not running?
thanks for any help you can give me.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just in case you didn't know, bleed the air pack first, then start at the rear of the truck.

Not sure about volume needed to bleed, but 16-20oz should do it.

If you have air pressure, you should hear it vent when you let off the pedal.

brian s

thanks just got back in from bleeding the brakes for the 2nd time got alot of air out this time and have a nice hard pedal.
the air i was hearing was my glad hand was leaking shut the petcock and no more leak!!
almost stops on a dime but i dont think 14000 lbs is going to stop that quick...
just wanted to let you guys that i have learned so much for this site in the short time i have been here and thank you all!!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
When I have gone through my brakes and bearings, adjusted everything, and gone for a test drive, I am able to lock all 6 up.

Locking them up isn't good because you loose control, but knowing they all stop is a good feeling for times when I have a big load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks