• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brakes!!!

roadrunner33

my brakes were working last week, but when i drove it today no brakes. i'm new to these trucks so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

wb1895

Does it have DOT 5 brake fluid??

Does the truck have air?????

Have you checked the brake fluid level????

Is the master cylinder there????????

What the heck is it doing??????

OD_Coyote

What is the level of the fluid in the master cylinder and are there any signs of leakage around the backing plates, inner sidewalls or wheels?

Troll1216

Read the TM's. Find someone in your area to help. Bleed the brakes according to the TM.

How long has the truck been sitting or gone without use?

I just had a fellow SS member help me with mine, they are easy to do, but brakse are not to be played with and I thank Recovery4x4 for the assistance with mine.

With mine the petal went to the floor, had plenty of DOT 5, and no air leaks, no bubbles in the brake fluid. Turned out to be a bad master. I have never done brakes before, and I could easily do another master replacement.

The keys to this site are read the TM's, use the search option to find related posts, and ask questions and provide detialed information so people can provide a good diagonisis of the problem.