• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Brakes

cucvrus

Honestly the brake system can be completely rebuilt for about $300. You can buy rebuilt calipers, master cylinder, wheel cylinders and the brake hoses. If it were me at this point I would replace all of them and have lifetime warranty parts and sit back and drive on. I do it to every CUCV I rebuild and have had 100% good luck. Replenish the DOT 5 fluid and bleed the old fluid out of the system. You would be amazed at the filth and crud in that old brake system. Especially since it has been contaminated. Good Luck. Fix it right the first time and drive on.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

Replace all the lines, too (which are probably rusted), and you don't even have to flush the system. Refill with standard brake fluid and be done with that expensive DOT5. The military learned its lesson on that and quit using it. We could take a hint from that.

MarcusOReallyus

So u run dot 3 in urs

Here is one of the rules you agreed to follow when you joined this site:

Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks