• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brakes

signs1919

we do everything but engine and transmission jobs. i drive and we are also responsible for mataining or own trucks. during the winter we bring them in and go right through them

45FMJoe

When my dad bought our M35A2 it was advertised on the GL auction as having no brakes. Sure enough, it had no brakes. The pedal just went right to the floor, and nothing happened. $25 and a master cylinder rebuild kit later I have working brakes. It takes longer to get the master cylinder out than it does to rebuild it!

dmetalmiki

Agree with panshark there

No brakes , force (short distance move) Ist gear LOW RATIO. when the brakes went out on my Zill 131 ( nightmare journey) I stopped it in a dike.! Then moved it to a safe yard , some 100 mtrs, (300 yards) away. In 1st LOW and stoped it in a 1/3 Mtr. (foot/ 12inches) by swithing Off.

quickfarms

When I started to drive a large commercial truck I was thought to downshift to an almost complete stop. I was also thought to drive without using the clutch. I only used the clutch in reverse. So if you drive this way losing your brakes or a lot of other problems become less of an issue because you have the room to deal with it and you are not riding the back bumper of the guy in front of you.

Awesome Possum

When I started to drive a large commercial truck I was thought to downshift to an almost complete stop. I was also thought to drive without using the clutch. I only used the clutch in reverse. So if you drive this way losing your brakes or a lot of other problems become less of an issue because you have the room to deal with it and you are not riding the back bumper of the guy in front of you.
Good advice. I learned the same when I drove big trucks, especially in the city. I drive my bob, going through all the gears when accelerating AND decelerating. I do use the clutch to keep from messing up the synchros. I sure miss the fun of driving a 13 speed!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks