• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NO CHARGE staying on.

jgreen52888

Good morning everyone, I have an on going issue with a M1078A1P2 2.5 ton. The "no charge" light on the dash is on and everything checks out. I have gone through all the trouble shooting procedures I can find. The generator, voltage regulator, batteries, K11 relay, CB77 fuse, LCBD, swapped TCM's for possible power draw, swapped VDC for possible malfunction, and inspected wires and hook up every where in between. So, with that being said, does anybody have any other ideas. Please I hope there are. aua

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Not all alternators are compatible with the newer charge systems. Is it a recent problem or it has always been a problem? If its not an alternator or connection issue its usually the lbcd.

jgreen52888

Not sure how long the problem has been going on. I am the second the mechanic to have the work order. The generator read good with the volt meter and the LCBD was swapped with another and the light stayed on.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Where does the power from the light come from? Is it directly from the lcb?

Where are you located? In a nice salt area with Connection nightmares

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As you know the Niehoff alternator provides separate charging for 12 and 24 volt circuits. Maybe the LBCD is detecting that one of the two charging circuits is not providing juice. The Niehoff website has detailed troubleshooting info specific to each model alternator.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the troubleshooting guide for the LBCD on the Niehoff website, the pinout for the device indicates the wire going to the dash is "charging system indicator ground signal". To me that means if that wire between the LBCD and the indicator panel is inadvertently grounded somewhere, the light will glow regardless of the actual function of the charging system. Something to keep in mind.

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am having the same issue in a 2006 1078A1. However, my dash gauge does show that my 12vdc output from the alternator is low. 24v side is good so the SCR pack in the front of the N1511 alternator has fried. I just received a brand new alternator and will replace it soon and post the results.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks