• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no fast idle

johnsr

ok so now that it is cold out my m1028 wants some atention from me.........lol. i co to start it first thing in the morning and i will have to crank on it 4 or 5 time to start. (i will crank it for about 10seconds and then turn it off then back on to cycle the glow plugs.) if i do not sit there for about a minut with my foot on the go pedle the truck will stall. it is acting like th fast idle is not working on my truck. any ideas on what is rong?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fast idle circuit needs 12v from the ignition switch, a working thermostat switch on the head, good connectors on the fast idle and cold advance.

It could be any of those things.

Have you looked at the troubleshooting section or the wiring diagram?

johnsr

yes i printed up the wiring diagram (E-5) and was kinda thinking it was the temp switch, bad wire or the fast idle soladiod.

Milbikes

When I had no cold high idle, I found a melted connector on the temperature switch on the rear of the passenger side head. I have heard of others with the same melted connector. What causes that?

johnsr

just tested the wires 12.4v going in to the temp switch and no volts after. so i need to replace the temp switch. is this the same as the civy 6.2l?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would be amazed what you can learn from looking at the -20P and simply googling the part number.

Of course, simply following the diagnostic procedure in the -20 would also have told you what you need to know, rather than posting this thread.

Then again, a SEARCH would have shown you a few threads with all the same info including the test info and part number.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/48453-fast-idle-temp-switch.html