• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no fuel at injectors

Samyguy

truck was running real $hity, no power hardly pull it's self, so thought it might be lift pump. I'm going to do a 6.5 turbo soon, so I put on an ele. lift pump on, with a spin on prefilter, took out the box filter on fire wall and replaced with a 6.5 cartage filter.
Added a blockoff plate for the old pump. I've purged all the air out to the 6.5 filter, then I added a clear hose to the glass check valve fitting, to see that all of the air is out.through the injector pump. Now I can't get fuel to the injectors, have the glows out, #1 injector line is off at injector, can't get fuel to come ,not a drop?
thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you are getting 12v at the pink wire on the injector pump with the key on.

Then make sure the pink wire is connected and making good contact.

ranchhopper

There is an easy way and hard way to put those IPs on the engine the easy way is to take out the oil fill tube and unbolt the gear that way instead of taking the front cover off the engine.

albersondh

There is an easy way and hard way to put those IPs on the engine the easy way is to take out the oil fill tube and unbolt the gear that way instead of taking the front cover off the engine.

OMG people pull the FC to get to the IP gear??

Ensure wire 54A to ESO is getting juice. Also, since its balls cold out, 569B should also be juiced on start up, 569B feeds the cold start ESO on the IP. For trouble shooting just pinch the hose (return fuel) coming off the one way valve/outlet on top of the IP, that will have the same affect as sending current to the cold start ESO. Just pinch and crank, if it starts, something janky with your cold start circuit. Conversley, if return fuel circuit is clogged or the cold start ESO is stuck shut, the engine will fire up for a second, then just die. Seen it on all types of Stanadyne fueled junk. Its complicated but in a nut shell, your retarding the **** out of the injection timing with the cold ESO actuated. Timing in the Stanydyne is a function of pump cavity psi vs. x-fer pump psi. Plug the outlet, and pump cavity psi hits the roof, while x-fer pump psi is RPM based.

The mechanical lift pump is a hoss, I would leave it. To test it, just pull the feed off the back of the IP and set it in a clear bottle. Pull 54A (ESO power) and crank. There is messurment spec in the TM of the volume that should squirt out over x amount of time. I think this test sucks, and just went by volume per pump/motor rev. The x volume over time doesnt consider starting circuit condition. Obviously check the pick up, filter, and lines first for crack, bent, or broken, general servicability, blah blah, refer to TM 9-8000

Have you pulled the cap to see if there is any fuel in the IP? Should be full, if its full, but no squirty, then you have a problem. If its dry of fairly low (fuel should spill out when you pull the cap) I would look at supply issues to the IP or a possible x-fer pump issue (clogged internal IP filter usualy)....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks