• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no fuel getting to injectors

mill1970

hello i cant seem to get any diesel to the injectors on my m35 multifuel when turning her over there is no smoke out of exhaust and when i cracked a injector pipe there seemed to be on fuel pumping through just a little amount can u guys help many thanks

Lawrence of Arabia

Real easy thing to do is disconnect the line at the tank and injector pump and blow shop air through it. Friend of mine did this to his and found the line had some junk in it. After he did that it idled and ran better, stop stahling. Hope that's all it is.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I'll try. I'm a newb, but hey gotta start somewhere, and I am sure that MORE experienced types will chime in too. First, got fuel in tank? Got pressurized fuel to primary filter? Got pressurized fuel to secondary filters? No air in line? Got pressurized fuel to IP? I realize it isn't much, but it's a start. Wiser heads will offer much better and more insightful trouble-shooting info, I'm sure!
God bless!
Good luck. Start simple.

Tony:wink:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you check the electric fuel pump; could just be a blown fuse. Take the cover off the top of the tank and check it with a voltmeter to see if its blown. Visual inspection could fool you, it could look ok but its not. Good luck

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find the shut down cable and where it meets the IP Take off flat head screws on the cover and there you will see the fuel control rod this should move freely and return to the rear pisition when moved forward. There never is any need to bleed the injectors on a Deuce as they will clear on it's own.

baxter

I would first check that the intank pump is running turn on the power and can you hear it running.The IP will suck the fuel but its hard on it. then start checking filters as said above.

Chuck76

having the same issue.
All flters changed
All new fuel line from the tank to the IP
New HH
I'v pulled the shut off control out, front vavle cvr off to check for #1 TDC on compression and made sure the HH was in time
Now I'm so aggravated with it, if I had a way to get it to the scrap yard, she'd go!

Any ideas... was gonna pull the plug out of the top of the HH to make sure the plunger is jumping up and down...cant budge the plug. Fuel did spill out of the shut off control cover. So I know I'm getting fuel to that point in the system.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
having the same issue.
All flters changed
All new fuel line from the tank to the IP
New HH
I'v pulled the shut off control out, front vavle cvr off to check for #1 TDC on compression and made sure the HH was in time
Now I'm so aggravated with it, if I had a way to get it to the scrap yard, she'd go!

Any ideas... was gonna pull the plug out of the top of the HH to make sure the plunger is jumping up and down...cant budge the plug. Fuel did spill out of the shut off control cover. So I know I'm getting fuel to that point in the system.

Did you check to see if the gear that spins the HH rotates? If it does, its broke. It shouldn't rotate without the motor moving. pulling the plug in the center of the HH is easier than pulling the HH though.

Chuck76

Ive tried all the tricks I know to free the plug in the top pf the HH. Guess I'm gonna have to put the inpact gun to it.....shane to have to treat new parts in such a manner. I'll try it in the morning...dont think the neighbors want to hear a compressor/impact running at 2am.....

Chuck76

removed the plug in the top of the HH, the pluger is jumping up and down, just fine. Took 2 injector lines off of the HH and not getting any fuel out. I rechecked the fuel shut off control/valve...it'll only go in one way...and thats the way its installed........................

out of ideas

Chuck76

messing around with the fuel system, I noticed fuel pouring out of the inlet valve of the HH. I took the return valve/ check valve off of the HH, and started messing with the plunger of the check valve. After spraying it with brake cleaner and compressed air, I think the valve was stuck open... it seems to seat better now....I ran out of time b4 work to assemble and test....I'll do that in a couple hours... crossing my fingers.

TexRdnec

just had this happen to me, everything was doing what it was supposed to be doing but no fuel. what we found was that the shaft had some corrosion on it and had gotten hung up while shutting down the engine just enough for the little spacer button on the bottom of it to fall off the end of the shaft. without that button it wasn't stroking enough to distribute fuel. we clipped it back on, reassembled everything and she fired up straight away.