• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no fun

jarrettpcfr

got my m1028 from warner robins. got it home, submitted the sf97 and went to work. seems the glow plug card is not working properly, kept cycling on and off non stop, can the glow plugs be used without this, i got plenty of toggle swithches, took the card out and the truck still cranked right up. the transmission leaks from the governor plate, easy to tell with trans fluid on the tailgate from testdrive. i hope its the governor plate, i wiped it off while it was running and kept coming out of there. and the driveshaft is bent, very little, barley visible except with a 4 foot level. if someone could point me in the right direction for the glowplug bypass (thread attachment) i would really appreciate it. looked for hours, i want to make sure i get the right wire.

ralbelt

Its the light blue wire at the glow plug card box. splice in a 12 ga wire to a 2pole momentary switch, second pole to a good ground and your good.

5ton4ever

Join the club on the bent driveshaft. The knuckleheads @ gl are great at picking up vehicles with a forklift and bending the driveline. I joined the club when I bought my m1009. Have fun with it.:p

jarrettpcfr

just found out that my governor plate was not leaking. the transmission case is cracked from the governor plate around the top to the expansion plug on the other side. your right, gl are knuckle heads, lifting on the driveshaft will cause alot of damage. this sucks. anybody know where i can get a used one that isn't craked

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks