• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Garage, Need Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steaminjim

I guess I am surprised that no one else has mentioned Condon and Skelly a Met Life company. Initially theyt wanted garage coverage b ut my agent told them that I had a would store it in a field unseen from the street. This is my second year and the price is the same for basic coverage. The renewal from asked about a garage so I took it to my insurance agent and she called them up and got it fixed again. She found out about them when she insured a fire truck for a guy. The 2500 miles a year restriction is not an issue for me. Kinda on the honor system as they did not ask for my mileage at renewal time.
Jim

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carnac,
Try Travelers. They write for Gulfway, and are only 582.00 per year. If you wish, I can PM you my agent, as he is located in Georgia(Augusta) and knows how to do MV's after working on my M814.

3dAngus

Yep, State Farm. I just called mine in two weeks ago, she researched it, called me back in two hours, paid via credit card over the phone for six months, and she scanned and emailed me a policy. Didn't even have to leave the house.

I told her I was a hobbyist/enthusiasts with the MV, and it would be a low mileage driving situation. No problem at all.

I do know when one says historic in the insurance industry they need be protected under a garage for preservation sake. I have Hagerty on my 1931 Model A Roadster that requires it be in a garage due to it being historic or an antique.
Most insurance companies have specific requirements on historic vehicles and they don't want the "Acts of God" clause to kick in if a tree limb falls on it or other natural disasters that will cause quick and irreparable harm to historic vehicles and their profit margins.

ptg530C

Thats funny. Allstate covered my 530C. Once again, its a fuc^%*g COMBAT VEHICLE not a 54 corvette. I suppose you want them to cover scratches from driving thru brush also?

You all do realize that a lot of these vehicles have been painted with rollers and brushes dont you?

No insurance company can deny you minimum coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.