• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No head or tail lights

Triple C

Just starting the checkout on my new to me 925A1 and I find I have no head lights, tail lights or turn signals. I have dash lights in dim or bright and I have black out lights front and back. I did find what appears to be a thermal signal actuator that seems to be bad so I think I have the turn signal issue isolated but I am not getting any power to the headlights or tail lights. I do have brake lights. It may be as simple as a fuse but I can't find the fuse panel! Any thoughts?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
are you sure you have the three lever switch set right, If so, I would change out the switch for a known good one then go from there

Triple C

I have tried it in all positions, in the dark so I am pretty sure. Okay, on to a different switch then. Are they hard to find? And by the way, thanks for the awesome quick response!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The -10TM(basic opertors manual) will explain how to use the light switch(and many other things you should know for sure).

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are no fuses or fuse box. Everything is routed to the Protective Control Box to the right of the washer bottle and 2 circuit breakers that sit to the left of the washer bottle high on the firewall.

The light switch sounds like your problem most likely. The light switch is commonly called a 3 lever & They are very common and fit almost any mv. $25 used heavily to maybe $50ish average used lightly ball park figure.

Cut Wiring could be an issue since it looks like your bed has been changed. Just Eyeball the wiring from the back to the front for obvious problems.

Good Luck!

Triple C

Thanks juanprado, I found that box, I will check the circuit breakers it might give me a clue if I have a short issue. "Cut Wiring could be an issue since it looks like your bed has been changed." That's what I thought but since I have those two little red bars (tail lights) in the low light function, seems unlikely it is cut but I will double check it. doghead's right, gotta get that operators manual for sure.

Triple C

juanprado, you called it! I looked over the frame rails on both sides and nothing, but when I got under the truck and looked between the frame rails I found a wire (for side markers) taht was pinched between the bed and the wood spacer. When I cut the wire, the head lights and tail lights came right on. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks