• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No High Range?

buzzinhalfdozzen

Just discovered the old man's M51 has no high range. We pulled the inspection cover on the top pass side of the case, shift fork is moving with the rod and it appears to have the proper amount of stroke (compared it to my M818 ).

When I searched, the only thread I found, the guy just replaced the case. Does anyone have experience with this problem? when you opened the T case what was broke? Or does something need adjusted? We were looking at the TM but seeing inside the case without splitting it is difficult.

If they are more threads related to this problem that didn't come up in my search please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Ok was just checking had that problem with an m813 not to long ago. I'm thinking with the age of the truck have you drained the t case to see if you get any sparklies out of it?

buzzinhalfdozzen

Just to help any guys with this problem in the future diagnose it:

There were no chunks in the t case when we drained it
when truck was shifted into high range there was no noise at all, no grinding, no lugging, just acted like neutral.
Shifter and linkage and shift fork were all functioning normally.

Not sure if the 2.5 tons have the same design.

Hopefully we get to take on the first test drive in high range tonight.

buzzinhalfdozzen

Took it for its first ride. It has righ range now but it pops out when you shift. Its fine with just a little pressure holding up on the lever. Linkage is adjusted properly. Any ideas?

rynomadman

Omg thanks for this post you are going to save me lots of time and work. have been trying to figure out this problem for weeks now. was thinking it had to do with air. have this case in a mud truck that my buddy just got and could not figure how to get out of low. when everything else worked just fine.. so the c clip is right behind the cover plate on the back of the case? are those the only pic you had of it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks