• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no lights on my 1009. help please

tripp2727

i have read numerous threads with the same symptoms but all my lights are still not working. last night went to dinner and honked at my buddy pulling into the parking lot. left the restaurant and had no lights at all. it was if my black out lights were on but the toggle was up and i checked all fuses and they looked good. still no lights so i left it over night with no top or doors at a 24 hr restaurant (didnt sleep well thinking it might get messed with). picked it up this morning and have since changed all fuses and still nothing. it cranks, the wipers work, gen lights work, glow plug light works but i have no headlights, taillights, turn signals, horn, or reverse lights. im thinking that i may have gotten some rain in the steering column and possibly shorted out the whole system. any suggestions where to start poking and prodding?

lavarok

Check the hi/lo switch under the steering column.

You can use a paperclip to jump the switch to see if your switch is the culprit. This happened to me once.

Ken_86gt

First I would do is check all of the fuses for voltage. If the fuse does not have voltage follow the wire back towards the battery to find the fusible link that is probably blown or loose connection. Could also be the the blackout light switch- make sure that there is 12 V there as well.

If the fuse has power. open up the -20 TM and go to appendix F where the wiring diagrams are, I would start with the headlight switch and check for voltage there.

Last edited: