• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No lights,turn sign ,brake lights or Head lights.

beaubeau

Everyone seams to have electrical problems with Glo plugs, or starter :( . All is fine with mine and it runs good. I had Trans Shifting problems, but located a Totally Broken Vacuum line at the Vac. Pump. Now shifts great and goes well. :lol: I even changed the windshield and rear glass today. BUT!!, I have no power to Lights. I believe the problem is is the Switch for Service On ond Black Out lights. I will be checking things out on that tomorrow. Can anyone give me any Hints as to what to look for? I do know the fuses are OK. Is there a Fusible Link to look for, and if so, Where?? :( Thanks, Phil

Dodgeman1941

First get a wiring diagram in hand.

Check and see if you have voltage to the fuse box. If not, then unplug the plug on the engine side and see if you have voltage. If you have voltage in the plug and not in the box, there is a good chance that you have a bad wire in the fuse box assy where the plug connects through the fire wall. On ours, we had voltage at the engine side of the plug but not in the box, we had to pull the red wire out of the plug and run it is seperatly and connect it into where is was suppose to go.

beaubeau

Yes I know how to use the Black out switch. This is my 4th M1008-M1009. I did find part of the problem. The fuse was Blown. I replaced it, but it Blew again and I wasn't aware of it until I started checking All the fuses. It will Blow when I use the RT. turn signal. So now I must trace that problem. What a poor design for lighting situation. One Bad simple turn signal will disrupt all the lights. Thanks alot guys for the info. I was wondering if anyone has done away with the Black out switch and rewired directly to the Head light switch? Maybe too many wires involved. Do the Batts. go down if the black out switch is left on for long periods of time? I have left mine on overnight on another vehicle and nothing happened!!??? But it was just Overnight! Thanks again, Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks