• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No lights

Sjwille

I need help, I was installing a radio on my m1008 and ever since I did I have no headlights, taillights, turn signals, marker lamps, nothing. Everything else seems unaffected but I cannot figure out why this happened. My blackout switch is still good when I checked it with my multimeter and I cannot find any power in the switch. All fuses are good. Any help would be good. Thanks!

20200609_140115.jpg

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome aboard! Sometimes it is the little things that are not so obvious.

Glad that you located the temporary non problem. At least you took the fuse out to minimize a potential assembly short.

Now while you are doing some electric diagnosis, go and look over all your grounding points on the truck. And go ahead and clean a few also.

Good Luck

Sjwille

Welcome aboard! Sometimes it is the little things that are not so obvious.

Glad that you located the temporary non problem. At least you took the fuse out to minimize a potential assembly short.

Now while you are doing some electric diagnosis, go and look over all your grounding points on the truck. And go ahead and clean a few also.

Good Luck
I'm hitting every one I find. I am the first non gov owner of this truck. Is there anything else I should be doing?

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Be especially happy that you are the first, as now you are the caretaker of what Uncle Sugar used to own.

Look at easy access things first, plug connections, headlights, directional bulbs and sockets. And any kind of seals leaking, The Windshield Rubber leaking water into, behind the dashboard.

Take short drives first to get a feel and notice how things in motion react to movement, tire balance, 4 equal stopping brakes. Tackle the small stuff first unless it is safety related. Every little thing can develop into a domino effect like situation.

The most important thing to me is to get my Family and Friends involved. And to educate the general public that being green, blue, or camouflaged is a good way to spend time with others.

Good Driving ahead to you Sjwille :driver: nopics