• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no lights!

jimh1985

Two days ago I was headed home at about 11pm and the lights and everything electrical shut off. no gauges or helper pump... Nothing!
I pulled over and after about 30 seconds everything just turned back on. I have only gotten it to do it one more time parked in the yard with everything on at night, but i was not able to test anything before they came back on.
Has anyone else had this happen in their deuce??

jimh1985

Yea i tried that didnt help, it almost seems like its a tiem thing it always cuts back on after about 30 second to a min.
I wasnt aware these trucks had a breaker on anything

Westech

CPL
I had the same deal tonight with my deuce.... started her up.. hit all the lights and flashers and about 3 min no lights.... hit the switch off and back on and no problem...... First time that has happened..... I let it run with all lights on high and flashers and not a problem for the next 30 min.

randygk

One thing to check

I had a similar problem and turned the master switch on without starting the engine. I then could hear the fuel pump and started pulling on wires and plugs on the firewall. I found a loose crimp connection in a multi conductor plug feeding the master switch. Repaired it and problem gone.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine does that. I can run w/ the parking lights on all day long . . . turn on the headlights and it will shut down all the electric after a few minutes, then the breaker resets and it starts the cycle again.
Did our whole Dirt Track Travels knowing that I couldn't run at night :)

I've heard that it could be the light/power unit, contacts inside, or it could be a bad breaker . . . just haven't had time to look into it.

mikey

Wow, I thought I was the only one... When I recovered my deuces one of them had a similar issue. Upon leaving the base, I turned on the lights and got nothing. About 30 seconds later everything came one. About an hour into the trip, while slowing down for an exit ramp I lost all lights again. Within a minute they came back on. Other than those two incidents, the rest of the recovery went fine and it was at dark, so I would have noticed.

I have not had time to look at my trucks since I recovered them. The light issue was at the top of my list of repairs. I assumed there was a short somewhere. This thread could be a savior.

mightymanx

Check for bad ground connections. Weak ground conections cause heat, heat causes the breakers to trip then it cools down and the breaker resets then it starts to heat back up again then it trips again.....

same thing happened to mine on a recovery from Redstone to Seattle flashers would only work for 30 minute stretch tne blamo out it goes till it cooled. found rust under the firewall ground conection causing poor contact alowing it to heat up.

rrrr

Check connectors and grounds. I had a problem with brake lights that turned out to be a loose connection on the back of the 3 pole light switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks