• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No/little fuel to secondary and final filter

w250guy

So decided I’d give the old girl a little attention and low and behold doesn’t it blow up in my face as usual. Changed the oil and all the filters on it and now I can’t get fuel to the final filter, I have fuel at the primary and very little at the secondary. I could hear it starting to fill but then it stopped. And absolutely nothing at the final filter. So I checked the pump and it shot out a good stream about 5 feet from the pump. I loosened the secondary and primary filter cans and now I have nothing at either of them. Is there a screen or an in-line filter or something I’m missing here? No problems with the truck before this. Any help would be greatly appreciated planned on taking it to the fire department tomorrow but it’s not looking that way now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did you get the air out? Just let the in tank pump run for a minute or five to push fuel all the way?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

w250guy

I ended up having my buddy sit in the cab and run the switch while I cracked the lines from the first fuel filter to the last. Worked fine after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You just needed to open the air bleeder that is between the secondary and final fuel filter. Myself even with when my system has no air or canisters full I still let the in tank pump pump for a short while before hitting the start button.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks