• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"no load" registration?

Knucklehead

The no load means just what it says. Other than spare parts for your truck the only thing you can carry is air.I doubt that you would get bagged for camping gear or similar items, but by registering your ride as an antique you give up the right to haul. I have a freind in CT. who was taking his M-37 to a rally with his flea market items in the truck and a state trooper bagged him and impounded the 37 and all the items. He lost the registration and quite a sum of cash. But in NH. you can use your Antique to haul anything you want as long as it is for yourself and no one else. Check with the CT. DMV about the trailer, there might be a loop hole if the trailer is also Antique.My 5ton is Antique in MA. and I am also no load.

mendo069

ditto, i'm in california... if the highway patrol decides they want to give you the blues they can cite you, if this happens you lose the historical vehicle regis. that means you will be paying a commercial fee for that beast on payload capacity...wow... and thats a lot lot more.... ouch.. :shock: but i have moved items for myself like trash to the dump, picked up furniture, moved with it... and have had no issues... what i would do if i were you, ask.... go to a station by you and ask to talk to an officer.. ask him for the details on just using it for yourself with no commercial intent.. then when he's done, say thanks and ask him for his busns. card... later if you get stopped, you can explain how you have no commercial intent and that you stopped by a station and talked to officer john doe, heres his card.. they will more than likely send you on your way... it worked for me.... good luck.. mendo.. :lol:

ah1955

no load registration

Pa.'s antique tag is very restrictive can only be used for shows, parades, club advents,and occanal use(once a week) buses can't haul passangers and trucks can't haul cargo.
Have heard stories about people getting nailed for spare parts in bed of a pick-up sounds a little funny but who knows.
The biggest thing is the daily use thing, the antique tag is 75.00 and permnent and will exment you from state safety insp.
With the deuce's empty weight alone would need about a class 6 or 7 reg. at about 300.00 so the antique tag is alot cheeper so they don't want some one getting away with a free ride every day.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
RE: no load registration

I love Georgia..
Hobby/Antique...$22
no difference from "regular tag"(no restrictions)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

We have 2 different tags like that. Horseless Carriage that costs $10, has tons of restrictions and never expires. Antique which costs the same, good for a year and has no restrictions. The antique previously had a weight restriction but does no longer.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

mendo069,
Do you have a class "B"? We were talking about this last night. One of the guvs in the club is a HD enforcement officer. He said, if the particular officer wants to be a butthead, He/she, will/can write you due to wt. and 3rd axle on a deuce if you don't have a "B" cert. historic plate or not! Makes me wish I kept my class 1. Seriously thinking about the B licence now.

mendo069

willwagner

yes will, if they want to be a butthead they can create all kinds of things.. more than the third axle and weight capacity.. i currently have a class "B" with air brakes endorsement.. have it because of my job tho, but comes in handy since i started this hobby.. the officer (chp-commercial enforcement) told me about the third axle and weight, but said as long as the vehicle was not being used for any commercial purpose and follow slow traffic rules, (stay in right lane, pull over when vehicles back up behind you, etc..) they would not target you unless they observed a violation.. i went with a friend, he has only a class "c".... officer also said, no cargo covers (the canvas over frame on back of deuce.. if you do, they want you to stop at scales for inspection because of 911....that would subject you to a whole new can of worms...also said that since jan. 06 all rental moving vehicles are suppose to go thru scales because of 911, but not many do, he said...chp said that technically all those three axle toy haulers are subject to the class "B" stuff.. i have seen the chp at glamis with their portable scales weighing toybox trailers...so, if i was you, when you have time, play it safe and grab a book and study... then take test for "B" with air brakes..i drive around with a camo cover because i hate the historical plates.. but if i did get pulled over, it would be a warning and/or fix it cite... besides, girls love to flash my buddy and i rolling down the road!!!!! and that's the best.....mendo.. :D

davemccoull

"no load" registration

Similar situation in U.K., my Deuce is registered as a historical vehicle built in 1959, which allows it to be excempt from road tax and ministry test, but not allowed to carry a load, although some of my group carry spares and camping gear, it can also be driven on ordinary car license, as long as they were built before 1960. Thats why most military vehicles over here are registered as 1959.
If you are involved in an accident, and the ministry finds a mechanical defect, they really jump on you. its the old story, everythings o.k. ,till something happens then the s..t hits the fan!
I,ll post some numbers of my truck i,d like to know what year it really is!
Dave.