• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No longer need assisatnce near Winchester, VA

TaylorTradingCo

I picked up two M103 trailers in Chambersburg, PA hoping to tow them home behind each other. It is not working out, am now pulled over by police. I need a member who will let me drop a trailer at their place until I can get this sorted out. Please call me ASAP if you can help at 423-255-6509. Derek

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
forwarded you the information for WV New Guy.

Other option is that go to a local equipment rental place. See if they will load the 103 on top of the other one. Strap it down and roll on. Virginia isn't nice. They chased down wheelspinner with a truck full of hoods!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just contacted Derek and he thinks he has a solution. If it doesn't work, he will let me know and I think I have plan b. If someone has c or d you may want to be ready. I'm sure he will post later but it appears the PA DOT doesn't like us moving stuff on our own. Looks like someone doesn't like folks picking up their own stuff in PA.

TaylorTradingCo

Plan C, I called Jay with Iron Planet, and he was nice enough to agree to come meet me (I only made it two miles down the interstate) and pick one of them up and take it back to their yard.
If anyone wants a good deal on a welding trailer up north, let me know, I will sell it cheap to avoid ever having to set foot above the Mason Dixon again!
My first plan was to drop one at Maddawgs place, then come back for the other, but the cops told me I can't even pull one trailer! My F150 has a GVWR if 6750# (even though it's empty) and the welding trailer tags shows a GWVR of 5750# (even though it shows it being 1700# empty as it is). They say since they are over 10K#, I would have to have DOT stickers, log books, health cert...to even pull one. Grrr. I plan to make a run for it later.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Your total weight has to be over 10k for the federal DOT to matter. Since you are not doing interstate commerce then it does not fall under FED but on the state DOT laws.

If they gave you a ticket or anything. Scan me a copy and email it to me. Ill give you the legal precedence to fight it with.

John Appell doesn't know how I get thru PA without issues.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You still need to cross that M/D line to get up here and get your other trailer thingies!

WV New Guy

Just got home from PA sorry I missed that debacle as I was on I81 up to Hershey and back today wouldn't have been able to pick one up as I was in the car . There's plenty of room at my place if you want to detour here I'm home now.

dmetalmiki

Sorry to hear of the problems "they" (are) wishing to heap on you..keep us informed. (after plan Z!(..just use your....0r anyone elses.. .Chinook!)).

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I guess you are on your way. I am right off Winchester, VA

I would have blown there mind if I rolled up with Farm F Tags and drove off. Nothing they can do. :)

TaylorTradingCo

Update, I did escape PA alive, and snuck through MD & WV on pig trails, and finally worked my way through VA. I can't make it home tonight, but will be back by lunch tomorrow. Many thanks to those who offered to help. It's scary having troubles so far from home, but with the Steel Soldiers, you feel like you have family anywhere.

dmetalmiki

Really pleased to hear you managed the 'great escape' satisfactorily. Hopefully you did not get a bunch of 'write up's and ticket fees?'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks