• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Longer STRANDED - MK48 exhaust elbow needed

RDUKW

Thanks for the picture! It gives me a clearer picture of what that thing looks like. Not sure who or when it was wrapped but it is on there solid. The truck was rebuilt in 2010 and only had 100 miles on when I got it. I assumed it was military to protect the hydraulic hose goes right beside it but who knows.

It looks like it's just a 3 inch elbow with the ends welded on. Should be a relatively easy fix.
Unfortunately rebuilt does not mean anything on the lvs. We have had more problems with the most recent rebuilt trucks then the earlier ones with more miles. That motor I took the picture of was a "rebuilt" with only a couple thousand miles an is sucked a o ring and filed the crankcase full of water

TreadLite

Unfortunately rebuilt does not mean anything on the lvs. We have had more problems with the most recent rebuilt trucks then the earlier ones with more miles. That motor I took the picture of was a "rebuilt" with only a couple thousand miles an is sucked a o ring and filed the crankcase full of water
Ughh, I guess we'll see with this one. I had to install a new starter solenoid to start the recovery and then this. I think my problems stem from sitting for a while in a damp climate.

TreadLite

Silicone hose is not what you want. You will burn a hole thru it the first time you get in the throttle. Try to find a exhaust shop to fab up a new one out of a mandrel bend.
I found some that will take the temperature but I talked to the manufacturer and they are only rated for 7.5 psi, which would be a problem. An exhaust shop should be able to fix it pretty easy I just need to temp something up to get me there. Still scheming...

RDUKW

I found some that will take the temperature but I talked to the manufacturer and they are only rated for 7.5 psi, which would be a problem. An exhaust shop should be able to fix it pretty easy I just need to temp something up to get me there. Still scheming...
Again I would avoid the hose. It may take the temp for a short time at light throttle not a nice long grade at WOT. Your concern over getting debris thru the turbo is also a valid point. Take the part off and find a shop to duplicate it

TreadLite

I totally agree. Problem is I'm stranded in a small town that has very limited services. I'm brainstorming ideas on how to patch it up to get down the road to a town with access to more options.
Fortunately, I found a shop yesterday to fix the airlines that melted and I have a welding shop that is taking a stab at it while I type. Fingers crossed.

TreadLite

Alright, we are rolling again. Tried 7 different shops and the last one I tried, a welding shop, agreed to tackle it. 8 hrs of shop time later they got it up and running. It works great and now I have my turbo plus I'm not melting hydraulic or air lines now. Thanks for your thoughts and good intentions sent my way. I'll start a recovery thread soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks