• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No longer stuck in ditch

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watching the video it seemed that it was a bit stuck. The other 5 ton had to work a bit but at the same time it did not have good traction to get her out. Not sure letting air down would have done it but now I know the first thing to do :)

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could be I flexed it or all the dang white stuff was making ground lol
And yes great job Andy .
And yes Adam I plan on no more ditches until GA rally then all bets are off .

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Swiss it was very much stuck the passenger side tire was buried 3/4 the way up the tire and she just refuse to clime out.
I could still go forward but was running out of somewhere to go until I hit tree or followed the the ditch into the woods then the river.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They work good had no problems in snow and ice went every where I wanted and some I didn't.
The ditch was totally my fault did not turn right and forgot red was high in middle.
As long as I keep all 6 on ground no stopping her.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the G177's also, I have them on my M936, ride is nice.
The problem with the Military trucks is the front axle is way to heavy. LOL

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of trees visible. Cut a small log, angle it up out of ditch, stake down the road end. Front wheel will follow the log back to the road.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea been planing to put chain saw on truck.
After mahala got her bumber hung up in tree and had to cut it down with pocket knife.

Gunner0311

2centsGlad to see you got out without breaking anything. I have "been there=done that".

Note to new owners: The depression does not have to be a "ditch" to suck you in. A downhill grade of twenty degrees in snow/mud will

sometimes act like a "BLACK HOLE" and suck everything into it, with sometimes surprising efficiency. As happened here, you can maybe

move forward or in reverse, but the truck will refuse to climb up out of the depression. Very frustratingaua

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even with Andy hooked to me that ditch did not want to let me leave.
Kept trying to suck me back in.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup Andy's is the green one in video and his wife's is tan sister to mine .
They both came from Fla national guard and bought from same guy.
We all need wife's or girlfriends that want Mv's.

Cool story Andy and his wife got married in the back of his duce.
How cool is that. Great couple and good friends

Last edited:

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup Andy's is the green one in video and his wife's is tan sister to mine .
They both came from Fla national guard and bought from same guy.
We all need wife's or girlfriends that want Mv's.

Cool story Andy and his wife got married in the back of his duce.
How cool is that. Great couple and good friends
We were glad to help and enjoyed the ride over. I know that you would have done the same for me if I had been in that situation. Situations like that are what makes this hobby fun. We need to plan on a get together at my house one Saturday in the Spring like Adam had.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool example how this addiction enriches our lives in so many ways:). Nice job guys demonstrating that helping others is not dead in today's society

bchauvette

could somebody point me to the thread where we listed our contact info if someone needs help? I live the next town over from Kenm352A and Kicking myself in the ass. I was all warmed and aired up waiting for a call CERT, EMR, Red Cross, Ken.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No kicking Butch totally my fault I lost your phone number.
I have no doubt you would have been there.
And I thank you for being a friend I can count on.

Same goes to Adam thank you Adam for offering to drive a total of 3 hours or more for me.
I work out of town 5 days a week but if any of you need help on weekend just give me a call
704-534-4486

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks