• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no low beams

beanman1

ok had the 1009 for about 4 months now never rally drove it at night until last night went toswitch on the high beams and nothing got home and realized that the high beams are on so i have no low beams does the cucv just have high beams all the time or is something wrong

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No dimmer switch on floor on these. It's on the column. Check connection at the headlamp first. May be corroded, may be bad plug, may be bad ground, or, maybe bad switch.

ralbelt

I thought the 1009 shared the same controls as the 1008, which I have, and the hi/lo beams are controled by the directional control on left side of steering collum. If you only have high beams something is wrong.

beanman1

i mean its high beams all the time i hit the switch on the column and nothing high beams still on (hold on i think i just answered my problem sounds like a bad switch)

acmunro

Check connection at the headlamp first. May be corroded, may be bad plug, may be bad ground, or, maybe bad switch.

X2 On my M1009 one evening my headlights were working on high I went to dim them they went out completely - went to put them back on high nothing there either - My first thought was hi lo switch on the column. Had another known good switch - still nothing. Turned out to be the connections at the headlamps. Cleaned the plugs and the headlight prongs and they have been working good since.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks