• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No low end power

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is vapor lock, very common.
Did you replace the condenser? Never saw that mentioned. They can do weird things.
She should be very happy at 45 MPH.

ranger.41

Blackhawk2940,
Also insulate the fuel line as well as what TGB (iL) wrote.
Also when was the last time the fuel pump was rebuilt? It may help but it is the classic
m-37 vapor lock.

Blackhawk2940

Condenser was replaced. I have a plastic fuel filter before the carb that is about 5 inches from the manifold. So maybe I'll route it a bit further away. Oh it will cruise at 45, but it's as safe as my cj2a seemed at that speed.

Blackhawk2940

Fuel pump was rebuilt sometime in the last 5 years. The gentleman passed away, so I'm not 100% sure when, but I know it was. But I think it had to have been a while ago, because oil pools on the top of it after while, so I think the gaskets may have dried out a bit while it sat.

point

Following this thread with interest. My M37 rebuild has had similar problems. The truck sat for a lot of years befor I got it. Every time I found one problem, another would pop up. At this time , the truck starts well, idles well, has lots of power, right up to 35 mph. Then it just will not go any faster. Even down hill. Tried a different carb, different dist, elec fuel pump putting out fine and 20 psi vac.
My question is, could it be the governor? I read the manual on adjustment where it says to turn the adjusting screw but that thing is just brass and it is tight. I don't want to strip the slot head and there was no mention of loosening the adjusting nut/collar.
Any thoughts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks