• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No more VIN INFO from CARNAC

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
On another MV site people were informed to contact me for their VIN INFO. I got a total of 7 emails or PM's within a week through this website, the other website and on my email.

Please stop referring people to me for VIN INFO especially since these folks don't feel the need to do a cursory search on this website before firing for effect directly to my PM or email address.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made this a sticky.

Let me know who the PMs are from and I will have a chat with them.

86m1028

CARNAC

I would like to just say "THANK YOU" again for doing this in the past !

& NO, It wasn't me doing the referring.

Landbarger

I'd also like to say thanks to CARNAC for providing the service and doing so for such a worthy cause. Would it be possible (and would CARNAC be opposed to) building a database of known earliest and latest VINs by year and model/NSN based on CARNAC's now-public information? If possible (and not opposed), I'll try to go through the old threads and make a spreadsheet of VINs by vintage.

I didn't own an MV or come across the VIN threads until too late, which is a real bummer since my M929 has a VIN but no year of mfr. We won't be able to get nearly the quality of information CARNAC did, of course, but for any future researchers it might help to just be able to place their MV's VIN among the chronological timeline of SS members.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are up for the challenge, go for it. We already have one for the late model AF Deuces as they where not in CARNACs Army system

post 5466

Steel Soldiers Supporter
does this mean you are no longer able to help i have a 71 m35 a2 i was needing help with, but as a wouded warrior and vet Thank you for all you have done, do you know where we can look to for help ?

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC Im interested in how you got your information? Are you using a database from FEDLOG or anything supply related? If its a federal aquisition database I would like to know where sense im active duty and still have lots of logistics access.

Josh

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Although a drop in the bucket of all the MV's out there, some folks selling vehicles that were already looked up. So I would suggest running the registration number or the serial number on here and see what comes up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks