• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No oil pressure today??

Bulldogg

OK hears the deal, I started my M923 yesterday the oil pressure gage worked fine read close to 30 psi when warming up and works fine when driving. Today I started truck I noticed no pressure at all. I shut the truck off let it sit for a hour checked the oil, right up to the mark so I started it again no dice nothing. I'm surching therw the archives now and trouble shooting to. Could it be a sending unit or could it be electrical? I'll keep searching till I find out whats the deal. Sorry just a new guy to this lol

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Install a temp mechanical cauge, then check, if your pressure is good then try the sender first, also trace the wire looking for a broke wire.

Bulldogg

Ok found the sender by the starter right? How do you get the rubber boot of the top don't want to wreck it. Yea I'm going to napafor a mechanical gauge and might as well pic up a temp gauge to.

Bulldogg

Yep the sender put in a mechanical oil gauge started up and slowly rose to 75 psi and stayed steady so I know its the sender I'll try cleaning it and T off the block and see if it works. Thanks again

MO MV man

Replace the sender.
My truck was doing the same thing my Jeep Wrangler 4.0's failing oil pressure sender did-low oil pressure hot idle but okay when the RPM's came up.
I picked up one from Erik's and installed it yesterday.
Fixed.

Instead of 10-15psi at idle, it is now around 40!
And when the RPM's come up? Around 75.
Instant response, where it was very sluggish before.

Bulldogg

Ha yep I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge from Napa 30 bucks and still had the original gauge as well but I sprayed WD 40 in the old one now I have steady oil pressure on both gauges easy fix and running like a champ thanks for the idea of the me mechanical one guys!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks