• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No pedal after bleeding air pack in M35A2

m715mike

Mike, he still needs to bleed the system in the CORRECT order, no matter what that order, if he wants safe brakes, I posted the 5t order so he could see that there IS a CORRECT order for brake bleeding.

Ron - I posted that in a hurry as I was running out the door and should have articulated better. Our message is the same. By all means, one should bleed their break system in the correct order. However, it appears that the correct order on a 5t is different than the correct order on the Deuce.

Warthog did an excellent description in another thread, and in my hurry, I just posted a link to that thread. Here is the correct order for bleeding the break system on a Deuce.

This is the order for bleeding a single M/C Deuce

Airpack
Far right rear
Far left rear
middle right rear
middle left rear
front right
front left

All covered in the TM 9-2320-361-20 or the TM 9-2320-209-20 tech manual

rustystud

There is actually a correct oil to use in the air-pacs. It is very expensive so I just use silicone synthetic grease. I will eventually buy the correct oil but at $50.00 a quart it will be a while.

Katahdin

Some longer air style air packs have a small square plug on the rear cover, I think its 5/16"? remove that and squirt the oil in there.

Others you have to remove the air pipe going into rear of the air pack to add the oil, for that use a 3/4 inch line wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks