• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no power and stalling after new fuel tank

militarycucv

i put a new fuel tank and sending unit in my 1008 lastnight and it starts, idles, and revs perfect, but when i drive it it feels like its holding back or starving for fuel:drool:.

Then it will not even want to run and trys to stall untill i let off the throttle, my lines look ok and i changed the rubber hose from the sending unit to the fuel line and they dont seem to be kinked or anything. it took me almost 30 minutes to drive 2 miles.

id appreciate any help guys thanks! Adam.

militarycucv

it will start idle and rev fine but after i go about 1/2 mile down the road it starts loosing power and wants to die. then il pull over let it idle for about 2-3 minutes and it will go for another 1/2 mile and do the same thing.

militarycucv

ok i cleaned out that valve and i took it for a ride but still runs out of fuel. today it acually did stall and wouldnt start for about 2 minutes and i had to hold my throttle down for it to get running again

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did it do this, BEFORE you changed the tank and sending unit? Have you tried leaving your fuel tank cap loose? If you open the cap, after it dies, is there suction there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks