• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power, funny noise. . . Ideas?

BRob18E

After replacing the bracket for my power steering pump, my truck has no power. When I give it throttle it makes a funny sound that does not sound like an air leak.

Any help would ve greatly appreciated. I have posted a video of the weird sound.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to a video I posted of the weird sound my engine is making when I throttle up. . . Also, I used the truck to move a trailer full of lumber by putting the truck in first gear and letting it almost idle to my home site. However, there is a small incline before getting to the site. I had the truck full throttle and the rpms didn't get past 1000 and I had to get a chain to pull it up the incline with an excavator. When the engine is not under load, it will idle past 1000 rpms but then there is the "sound". Also if the trailer is not hooked up and I'm just moving the truck from one spot to another. It will go over 1000 rpms.

Any thoughts or insight will be much appreciated.

Ronmar

Well either something is loose and leaking air, or the pump has issues. Does the sound change when you turn tge wheel/use power steering? I would probably take the pump off and run it without that and see what it sounds like, although a mechanics stethescope should be able to tell you exactly what is the noise source…

BRob18E

Thank you all for your replies. I forgot I posted on here and have been seeking help in other places.

The PTO is not engaged. I have found no air leaks. I got lucky and found a gentleman to come here and check it out. He says the turbo is bad. So... does anyone know anyone on here that mat have an extra turbo. I believe the part number is

Hello, I am looking for a turbo for my m1084 with a 3116 engine. I believe the part number is 4R-8915

Thanks for anyone that can locate one.

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always go around with a mechanics stethoscope. If this wasn't making any noise before id have a hard time accepting its the turbo.. Unless you sucked something into it, they go gradually... any oil leakage there, or other indicators?

I would def use a stethoscope and poke on it while its running...

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all for your replies. I forgot I posted on here and have been seeking help in other places.

The PTO is not engaged. I have found no air leaks. I got lucky and found a gentleman to come here and check it out. He says the turbo is bad. So... does anyone know anyone on here that mat have an extra turbo. I believe the part number is

Hello, I am looking for a turbo for my m1084 with a 3116 engine. I believe the part number is 4R-8915

Thanks for anyone that can locate one.
It didn’t magically go bad because you worked on the other side of the motor. Sounds to me ( and would be much easier standing there) like a boost leak. Need to check every single clamp from the turbo, through the intercooler, back to the intake.

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It didn’t magically go bad because you worked on the other side of the motor. Sounds to me ( and would be much easier standing there) like a boost leak. Need to check every single clamp from the turbo, through the intercooler, back to the intake.
This, seriously...

BRob18E

The gentleman that came out to help listened to the engine. The power steering pump, which works as it should. The air compressor and all the components that were near where the broken power steering bracket is located. However when we went to check the turbo (I checked it before but my cousin told me how to check it and he wasn't with me) he immediately said "this turbo is bad". I am hopeful of this being "THE" problem. However, like my buddy said, it's "a" problem, but we don't know if it's THE problem. It makes since if I was running the truck on low oil trying to make it the remaining 15 miles to the land and no oil was going through the turbo.

I will keep everyone updated and appreciate everyone's help and advice over the months I have been trying to get this working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks