• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power/start

Strategic Tactical

Been a while since I've posted but the truck was running great until a couple weeks ago. I went out to start it, flipped the accessory switch and no buzzing noise indicating low air pressure and no reading on the battery guage on the dash. Batteries are charged and connections feel tight. With it being a 24 volt system, I don't have any "testers" to check. Where should I begging and where can I get a good tester that will hold up to the 24 volt system?

steelandcanvas

Pick up a hydrometer at your local auto parts house. Used for checking specific gravity in electrolyte and coolant. Once you get the battery situation solved, purchase a 24 volt all-in-one charger, maintainer, desulfator.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a while since I've posted but the truck was running great until a couple weeks ago. I went out to start it, flipped the accessory switch and no buzzing noise indicating low air pressure and no reading on the battery guage on the dash. Batteries are charged and connections feel tight. With it being a 24 volt system, I don't have any "testers" to check. Where should I begging and where can I get a good tester that will hold up to the 24 volt system?
Just because the connections feel tight doesn't mean that the connections are good. Disconnect the battery cables and clean all of the posts and connectors. Make sure the cells are topped off to the correct level with de-ionized water. If you don't have a 24 V charger, you can charge each 12 V battery separately with a 12 V charger. If you still have a problem, check the ground connections.

Katavic918

It doesn't take much to stop electrcity. Yup check\clean connections. I've also seen corrosion start inside a power cable. It looks fine on the outside but is full of green dust when cut open. It could also be a bad power switch.

dmetalmiki

It doesn't take much to stop electrcity. Yup check\clean connections. I've also seen corrosion start inside a power cable. It looks fine on the outside but is full of green dust when cut open. It could also be a bad power switch.
Agreed, And inside the Battery terminals. Buy a hydrometer, that is proof positive for checking battery condition.