• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power to anything?

Ok guys I'm looking at deuce, and when I went to look at it today I put some battery's in to make sure she wasn't locked up and didn't get anything. No buzzers,lights,nothing. I could cross the starter and it would grant but that's as far as I got. Anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be?

212sparky

Start tracing wires. #10 is the main feed in to the cab from the starter solenoid. All comes from the batteries to the starter, then jumps to solenoid, alternator feeds back to the starter.
Also check the ground on the frame and make sure it is good. Also the crimp ends can corrode causing issues. Good luck.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you looked closely for an owner-installed power cut off switch? When you're tracing wires, you may find that someone has installed one for security and to prevent unauthorized use of the MV.

Good luck on your acquisition.

John

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you think it's your Start Switch, reach under the dash, pull the plug off the Switch, then try starting with a jumper wire inserted into the harness plug or a pair of needle-nosed pliers will work also - one point into each contact.

Jeepsinker

I was going to say use the meter and check for power on both sides of the switch with it on and off.
The main power switch is the most prone to failure because it is the most used switch on the vehicle. It does sound like you have another problem though.

Rmtaunton

Yeah they're hooked up right this makes the 5th deuce I've got haha. I'm leaning toward the ignition switch because after I start the truck and turn it on everything works as it should.
Sounds like it is being powered by generator , therefore check to make sure your #10 wire is on wrong post

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks