• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power to my wiper fuse on m1009

Billw726

So basically i have no power to the 25amp fuse block for my wipers, I have looked for the diagrams to see what feeds that fuse with no luck. Does anyone know where the wiper fuse block get power from and is there a fusible link that could have got blown that feeds that?

I just got this truck and the wiper fuse was blown and melted..

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wiper fuse gets it power from the ignition switch via wire 3 BRN-4. Diagram E-4 from the TM 9-2320-289-34 manual shows it. Power comes in on the right hand side of the fuse and goes out to the wipers via the left side. 12v power is provided to the ignition switch via the diamond shaped 12v Terminal Block on the firewall

E-3 Wiper Power.jpgE-4 Wiper Power.jpg

The wiper fuse is the only thing in the fuse box that is hot with the key in the ACC position

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The schematics are in the back of the -20 & -34 TMs.

The schematics are in the back of the -20 & -34 TMs.
Yes, the poster is aware of that because Warthog posted the page, and highlighted the circuit, and the page number is very obvious from the most excellent post which will help many people down the road, as his posts have in the past numerous times.

But thanks for adding another little gem to the archives.

cucvrus

The wiper fuse is the only thing in the fuse box that is hot with the key in the ACC position
Serious question. Where is the ACC position on a CUCV ignition switch. Mine will not turn backwards. None of them.

TGP (IL)

Serious question. Where is the ACC position on a CUCV ignition switch. Mine will not turn backwards. None of them.
Mine turn back, all be it very hard.
I would suspect lack of use has got them stiff?
Tom

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some trucks have the ACC position and some do not. I have three trucks that do.

We have debated in the past as to why. One opinion is that it depends on the key cylinder. There appears to be a lock pin in some and not others.

YMMV

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some trucks have the ACC position and some do not. I have three trucks that do.

We have debated in the past as to why. One opinion is that it depends on the key cylinder. There appears to be a lock pin in some and not others.

YMMV
On some civilian pickups of this era some appeared to not have an ACC position. The key would simply not turn backwards. There was a small casting burr in the column housing for the key cylinder. With the cylinder removed you could remove the burr cleanly and then reinstall the cylinder and then you had ACC. Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks