• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power to white wire on exciter gen 1

Cmwalton

So after going through and checking volatages on both gen plugs and the voltage at gen1 bulb here’s what I came up with.

I have no power at white wire plug on gen 1 and I have power at white wire on gen 2 and I checked voltage at gen 1 bulb and it came to 12v but still doesn’t light up when key is turned. now my question is, where is the gen1 white wire supposed to plug in at to get power?because it’s clamped onto a pink wire under steering column I’ll attach pictures. I also just had gen 1 rebuilt a few weeks ago.

Also yes I replaced bulb and made sure socket was good and cleaned off the circuit bored where it makes contact with socket

I hope this makes sense, thanks

Attachments

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plugs on the alternators should have red and brown wires.

20210314_141348.jpg

We need to figure out which wire your white wire is supposed to replace. I'm guessing the brown which goes to the dash light.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for the brown wire that isn't hooked to anything in this wire loom circled in yellow. Left side of engine right behind the alternator.

20210314_163854.jpg

That should be your wire.

Keith_J

Replacement connectors for this part (internal 27SI regulator) are often color coded red and white. I bought one to make an alternator test rig..bypassing all the dash light, relay and switch. I dislike tracing faults and really dislike removing perfectly good alternators.

Cmwalton

Look for the brown wire that isn't hooked to anything in this wire loom circled in yellow. Left side of engine right behind the alternator.

View attachment 828469

That should be your wire.
Thank you for the help!! That was the trick there was a cut brown wire and I tested it for power with key on and then connected it back together and now light comes on! But now stays on while truck is running I just had this alternator rebuilt, could I have ruined the alternator when I drove the truck when gen 1 light wasn’t working right and only get 12v at the alternator

Attachments

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know... There is a post on here somewhere... maybe in the sticky... that goes through the steps of checking the alternator while it is on the truck.

Cmwalton

I don't know... There is a post on here somewhere... maybe in the sticky... that goes through the steps of checking the alternator while it is on the truck.
Thanks I pulled it and had it tested at a rebuild shop and they said regulator burned out probably due to it not being wired up right

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks