• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no power

glw

Got my 30kw running an did the 3 phase to single conv. throttle set at 60 hz power to outside recp. but no power to the 3 lugs going to the house transfer switch. First gen set to have an work on so dont know where to look for trouble. Anybody got any ideas? THANKS

212sparky

Ok first thing is rear the -10 TM for operating the gen set. Next on the control panel tou will see a toggle switch that is labeled open close. that switch controls the main contactor, you get opwer off the convenience receptical with it open, but not to the main lugs. You can get seriously injured or killed if you don't understand what is going on, ask me how i know.

212sparky

I watched a coworker almost get electrocuted because a Mobil genset malfunctioned. He stepped off and completed the grounding circuit. I had to knock him free with a 2x4.

In lighter news, if you follow the wires that go from the lugs to the head, they pass thought the contractor. You can check voltage on the head side of the contractor. Check the switch with a meter. You may have a bad switch or bad contractor.

glw

Thank GOD you were there for the co worker. Checked the contractor on the right side 3 lugs if looking at it buy nothing on the left side. Had another contractor an switched it out an still nothing so maybe a bad switch. Is that what your thinking?