• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no pulling power m916 need help

dbhousemovers

I purchased a 2007 m916 6x6 to use as a pull truck to move houses. I have had a few 5 ton trucks 65 -72 and they had more power and or torque than this new one has , if you couldn't pull it all the tires would spin and bury themselves. My new truck won't even come close to spinning the tires on dirt pulling a heavy load. it seems to get to half throttle and even out. I do not know if there is a governor or something i can adjust to increase the power or torque. any help would be appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has the fuel system been serviced lately?

snowtrac nome

I would suggest changing fuel filters first, you should have a series 60 Detroit in it, they are a pretty reliable engine you may have to have someone with dedac plug into it and look into the electronic controls, see if its derating for some reason,

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
It might be in the computer,if not a fuel problem.My 97 m916 had some issues.The solved them by plugging the truck into a diagnostic computer and changing some things.

dbhousemovers

k ill start there and change fuel filters , it runs so good without a load , i didn't think about fuel shortage . if that doesn't work ill find someone with a hookup for the computer