• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No rear buss bar

I have an 84 1009 and it has no buss bar in the rear. It is from the North Dakota National Guard so I dont know if that makes a difference? The brackets are there for the rear radio tray but the paint in the threads tell me nothing was ever screwed into them. The numbers on the back of the mirrors are NF000H. Does this number designate what this 1009 was used for? This one has never had antennas on the sides either. I noticed on both doors on 3 units from North Dakota, they painted over something on the door, any ideas what might have been stenciled there? Thank you.

combatmech

The NFO " number " is like a serial number for the truck. I think those numbers are attached to the VIN. Mine, for example is "NFOETK" stenciled on the inside of the driver door.

fuzzyone28

My 84 m1009 does not have a rear bus bar either, but has radio rack, antenna mount, and power cables to the radio. I'm guessing not all radios used them? My came from the 5th Armored Brigade, Ft. Carson. CO.

Midnight Rider

My 85 1009 doesn't have the buss bar or the radio rack, but it did have an antenna mounted on the passenger side.

I'm guessing those items were removed before it was released from service or by the previous owner.

Well, I have more work to do to get the numbers off the bumpers. Whatever this brushed on OD paint is is a PITA! Im not sure if it is CARC or not but what I can see of the camo underneath still looks good. I talked to the other 2 guys that got the other units from NDNG and none had antennas radio racks or rear buss bars. Thanks for all the replys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks