• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No sf-97 - florida title ?

POOR WHITE BOY

I bought my m1008 in georgia form a towing company. It sat in their yard for 2 years. I did a car fax it it has never been titled . They gave me a bill of sale only. How can i get a title for it ? I live in florida but also own a house in georgia . Thanks

scrapman

Best bet on this one is to just go to the tag office with your BOS from GA. Tow companies here in Fla. have to run a legal notice in the local newspapers before they can sell a vehicle after they have had possesion for 30 days. You may have to get a bonded title search to go with your BOS. The other route is to register it in Ga. first then try getting a Fla. title that way. But it looks like you have bought a can of worms that may begin to stink for a long time. International Title Service & Broadway Title Service may be able to help but, there has been some recent changes in their policies concerning gov't surplus. Though a M1008 is a Chevy/GMC painted green this may help you.

Last edited:

POOR WHITE BOY

Would gl be of any help ? Are they the only ones that can issue a title/paperwork for a m1008 that has never had a title ? I hate to part it out as it now runs great and is in great condition. Thanks again , for help

scrapman

GL would only deal with the original buyer. But too much time has elapsed for GL to even consider doing anything at all to help. This truck that you now possess may have passed through several owners before it ended up on a tow lot. The ugly side of this is, someone may have a legal claim to it that would have to be fulfilled before you could have a clear claim & title to it. Another possible trail that this truck may have traveled is that it went from federal gov't to a local gov't then to a county or state auction to a private buyer. None of these steps would have required a state title, just invoices & a BOS.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GA requires a BOS and insurance to tag it. Once tagged it shouldn't be a big deal to bring it to FL and get it titled. I've bought several trucks from GA members and with a BOS, and registration, FL issues me a title.

scrapman

Yeah, that is what I had said earlier, tag it in Ga. then apply for Fla. title & tags. This would most likley be the best way way to go. But you will need to act on it quickly, the Fla. fees are going up big time Sept 1st.:-(

POOR WHITE BOY

Thanks , again , i forgot to mention that it was an auctioned vehicle at on time . There is still part of a gl decal on the driver side window and there is the word lot #4012 on the windsheild.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks