• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No signal lights even after replacing lights and switch.

I picked up a new deuce before christmas. and from the day I picked her up i've only been able to get signal lights a few times but only on one side. the first time was right after I brought her home and was flipping the switch up and down pretty fast. that time I got them on the right side a few times. the secont time was after I put a working assembly off another truck on the left side then I had a signal on that side but still not on the other. so I replaced the other one with a working light off another truck. and after I did that I no longer have signals on the other side or that one. i've also replaced the switch with to one off the truck the lights came off of. I'm pretty sure it's working because when I hit the breaks I can flip it and the break light on that side will go off. and they all worked fine on the truck they came off of. so any help would great i've done all I know to on it.:???:

3dAngus

Yep, ground connections.

And it gets even worse on grounding issues if you go to LEDs. Much worse...

Assume nothing, disconnect all your grounds, wire brush them, grease then down with grounding conductive grease to prevent rust, and reattach.

caliber1

Most of them are inside the light buckets, or on the back of them. Corrosion is not your friend. Die-electric grease is. Even some axle grease to stop the corrosion is fine. That's what I use on all battery terminals anymore.

Jess

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks