• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No start after parking on incline... ideas.

Warren Lovell

When I park on a hill or driveway nose high and the truck sits for a few hours - it has a difficult time starting. Just cranks away. Only when i put it on level ground does she start. Anyone care to venture what the issue might be.

Warren

LT67

You might have a line with an air leak somewhere... I've never had that problem before with mine.

tobyS

My dump truck does it a lot (not CUCV but same symptom). I park with the rear higher and it does it less. I have to take the fuel line off the pump and use a cup to fill it (I replaced that line, it was cracked) sometimes.

Migginsbros

With one of our UNIMOG we have the same problem. Truck can sit for weeks on leveled ground and start on the button.
Let him sit for about 10 hours incline.... he has massive start problems----like air in the line--
We look at the lines, the filtermounts, but we can´t see something abnormal or leaks. Dieseltank full.

f2000 kempf 041.jpg :sad:

Drock

Well you clearly have an air leak in the fuel system, and a spin on fuel filter is a wise choice. But I'd confirm where the leak is first before you start randomly buying parts. the best way, is to work backwards form the injection pump. Start by (temporarily) replacing the rubber return line coming out of the injection pump with a piece of clear line so you can see any bubbles. Then you can temporarily bypass the fuel filter to see if the bubbles stop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks