• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No start frustrations.

MyAngry85

It's installed correctly. I also had this problem before removing the cover initially. The linkage looks fine and seems to operate smoothly on a side note.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone ever see a manual fuel cut off? I heard tractors with the DB2 had a choke style cut off, but haven't seen anything.
We had a discussion about that once and I think I recall the answer was no.

MyAngry85

I think the linkage in the sump might be a little out of wack. I only need to push the c.o. linkage a 1/8" and the truck shuts off. While the solenoid has 3/4" of throw.

southdave

it is two things in my option..
1. dead spot in wiring- canyou figure out how to jump it?
2. clogged return fuel system that would mimic the glass ball syndrome
sorry about the spitball suggestions, to quote BC " I feel your pain"

MyAngry85

I've jumped it and it was a no go. I've pulled the return fitting and same also made sure the return was clear. And I'll take whatever ideas you guys have, really appreciate it.

southdave

I've jumped it and it was a no go. I've pulled the return fitting and same also made sure the return was clear. And I'll take whatever ideas you guys have, really appreciate it.
even under the truck back to the tank, maybe a kink or a slug in the line ? It going to be somthing lame it always is just over looking the obvious..

MyAngry85

I was getting12 volts at the fuel c/o when I turned the key to on. What I didn't realize was the voltage was dropping while turning the key. Found the block ground cable was loose. Got an all new fuel system out of this at least. Thanks for the help everyone.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you are saying that a bad ground was the issue? Fixing that solved the problem?

Hollowman

O.K. so I'm glad to read that MyAngry85 got to the bottom of the problem, kudos on your persistence! The question is still lingering in my mind however, as to how the top of the IP being removed related to the loose ground. The one condition which allowed the truck to start each time was that cover being off. What does this suggest about the loose ground, how do you guys figure the two are (or aren't) connected/related? Just curious.

MyAngry85

When the cover is removed, the fuel c/o is taken out of play. The loose ground was on the block, the starter was robbing voltage from everything else including the fuel cut out switch. Not sure if I explained that very well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks